Thursday, October 09, 2003

Welcome to Condtioning

Music is - The Real Ramona - Throwing Muses

I was thinking on my way home yesterday, about how some of the England players might fail their IQ tests and what would we do then.

Actually I was remembering how my daughter sometimes cries when she is listening to classical music. She will say it is because the music is so beautiful. I wondered where this idea came from in one so young (she is 5) and could not see how we had given the idea. Is it that the music is inherently beautiful and appeals to people on some instinctual or evolutionary level? I have certainly not stopped and said how beautiful some music is though of course she could pick up our mood changes when listening to something we like. Not sure she'd like Throwing Muses though.

Today is National Poetry Day just in case I haven't mentioned it before. I keep going on about the nastiness and the cynicism which seems to be present in all media these days and then I keep writing depressing poems. Of course I would try to justify this by saying that my poetry is a plea for things to get better but often they are just manifestations of my depression without any solution. For 'entertainment' purposes only. I hate inverted commas; I can never decide when to use them or not - just like trying to work out where the full stop goes if you have used brackets - sorry - parentheses.

Hello! Is that Ocean 1212W? No! OK. Bye then.

No comments: