Wednesday, October 29, 2003

Sticks and Tricks

Music is :- Gala by Lush

Interesting artwork here in the same vein as The Great Bear though they did do something similar on the Look Around You website.

I have just found a picture of the office where I used to work. I used to work for The Bristol and West Building Society on the second floor of the octagonal building on the left of this picture. This is right in the centre of Bristol, at the bottom of the hill which leads up to University. One of my colleagues has Webshots as his screen saver. It changes every few seconds and the shots are mostly of various jaw-dropping locations that look like they should be in holiday brochures. I was wondering how many shots you would have to view to have seen the whole world. I know you could calculate it but what if there was a defined set of images that described the whole world. One day there will be a virtual real-time copy of the world, the ultimate tool of big brother. I have been thinking about the following idea for some time but I cannot remember whether I have put it up here before. I was going to create a virtual local model of the world I know and then gradually expand it. There is a photo tour of Wales here which seems to have expanded from the bits I knew around Harlech.


No comments: