Wednesday, October 15, 2003

The Bass String Snaps.

The Angles were a complex race when they first got to Britain. Some of them were very attractive and were of course known as cute Angles but then again some were a bit slow and naturally were called obtuse Angles. Then there were the twins who were congruent Angles. I don't think I need to tell you what the outdoor-living or home-loving Angles were called. Extend this pathetic attempt at humour until it becomes boring or did that happen at about the word 'Britain' way back there Barbie. Sorry! Thought I was Perry Cox from Scrubs for a minute.

Apologies for that. It could come straight out of Horrible History book and probably did. Click the Picture for some more on these.



You can get this picture on a baseball cap by the way which might go well with the Hogwarts cap my daughter bought me.

I found a loose-leaf folder of really old poems in the garage at the weekend. Almost made myself reading the really early ones but there was no transition from the sugary rhyming rubbish to ones in the current style. Maybe the transitional ones are elsewhere. Needless to say, I will not be posting any of them. They are probably the reason most people seem to think that poetry is a weedy art - hullo clouds, hullo sky - rather than one of the easiest ways to make a point if of course you don't become an obtuse Angle.

Music is Fossil by Melanie Garside. Her sister Katie was the singer in Daisy Chainsaw. Never heard of them? Could never get their vinyl to play? I bet you don't dare tell them.

Very bitty this morning. Maybe lunchtime will be more productive and consistent.


No comments: