Tuesday, October 14, 2003

I know I promised but ...

I dreamed I could not write this morning. I could see myself trying to write my name and it was as if the image was out of sync with what my brain was trying to tell my hand to do. This of course was like a stutter in that I could not keep the writing going even by concentrating where my hand should be in the future; I just stopped. Strangely I was in my old office and my daughter was there handing out the post (Bring your daughter to work day perhaps). I only pass this on because of the problem with the writing; it worries me that I may be worrying about writing.

I have no music today; I had to get the bus in to work today rather than getting a lift which means there is no room in my bag for CDs. Let us see what this brings to the lunchtime blog. The blue mood of yesterday seems to have lifted a little. Sometimes it just happens without any stimulus - no worry about things going on. In fact it sometimes seems that a major worry keeps the depression at bay. I worked for a well-known telecoms company until a few months ago and for a time they faced serious problems. Well through all that worrisome time, I felt less down than I sometimes do now when things are quite stable.

The bus I get to work passes through the Liverpool University Campus (not where I went by the way) and one of the Medical School/Biology buildings is close to the road. Through the window of the second floor you can see rows and rows of specimens in formaldehyde. They are just too far away to enable you to identify the browny-yellow lumps but I can almost smell the pickle. I think I mentioned this in some previous entry but this reminds me of the prep-room between the two labs at my middle school. It was really the teachers' tea and coffee space but it was lined with shelves of pickled things - octopuses, rats and many unidentifiable things. There were also loads of bits of funny kit that we never got to use. One of these was a diamond crusted circular saw for cutting rocks. You could put your finger on the spinning blade edge without injury and yet it would slice a pebble in two in seconds.



No comments: