Wednesday, October 15, 2003

Just a Note about Alice Bachini

I read Alice's blog daily and sometimes she makes me mad and sometimes I just nod my head and say Alice knows everything. I cannot remember why I started reading Alice's blog but I am glad that I do. She would probably lump me in as an idiotarian but the bit recently about the kids sitting in rows adding up and learning to read Government approved drivel hit a switch. A colleague of mine from way back had the idea that the standardisation of education was a plot (either by Government or some mysterious cabal of business men who he thought really ran the country) to make everyone stupid so they couldn't question the god awful leaders they have. A sort of extension to Newspeak. Those of you who have not gone off to quote me out of context should remember that I do not agree with this. We look for conspiracies to explain such things when in actual fact they are really the result of pure incompetence.

Keep it up Alice - I won't agree with you all of the time (or even much of it) but you are more intelligent than I am and maybe you are right and I am wrong.

No comments: