Friday, September 30, 2005

This Is A Guess

Listening to Best of Yes. Yes! Yes! Yes! I was actually looking for some Vangelis after my daughter chose Chariots of Fire as her going to sleep music last night but I must have deleted Soil Festivities. This is good enough for the moment.

I hope Simon Singh is being ironic with this piece about bad science in a Katie Melua song. I’m not sure; I still get his email newsletter and this sort of satire is not normally a part of it. Still, Big Bang was good. I look forward to his popular science book on the proof of the Riemann hypothesis.

We started watching All About George yesterday mostly because Rick Mayall was in it. The whole thing was just too complicated – the basic idea of five generations and second marriages gave it too many things to have to concentrate on or maybe it was just not written in a way that could manage to bring all of the various people together. There have been plenty of drama with large casts which do work but we gave up on this one. Which is good because Love Soup was just so good and we don’t have two comedy dramas to watch in a week. There maybe mention of that next week.

A Bell Huey chopper flew over me yesterday as I was driving home which together with the lone Spitfire which went over last week is making me wonder if I am some sort of conduit for fractures in space-time. I wait for the Swordfish that sunk the Bismarck to go over any time now. I suppose if the Bismarck sailed up the Mersey that would prove it. Rats! This is the Philadelphia Experiment.

Very clumsy writing today. I will try better next time but I did the month Ed.

1 comment:

Ed said...

Well done on the month: less than two weeks until National Novel Writing Month if you fancy a *real* challenge.