Thursday, September 15, 2005

Depends If It’s Been Pasteurised

I’ve just noticed that one of the sort criteria on Windows Media Player is year of release, which means that this morning I am having a 1967 day. Like the weekend, cup of tea to anyone who correctly tells me what album is playing now.

I am missing Pass Notes. They have been expunged from the new-look Guardian due to space restrictions. Doonesbury also went temporarily but has returned after protests. The response of Steve Bell’s penguins was quite funny as well. I can’t find a link to a copy of it but it involved a reduction of the space for the strip with echoes of the trash-compacter scene from Star Wars and the introduction of colour. I am almost tempted to start buying the paper edition of the Guardian again. My wife got a copy of the first Berliner edition and says she finds it quite ‘dinky’ though I’m not sure that Alan Rusbridger wasn’t after a little more considered opinion. It did have echoes of the kiddies diagrams from USA Today at points and maybe it is still being produced with a view to getting opinions on how it should look.

No comments: