Thursday, July 10, 2003

Sole Survivor of Cloud Eight

Soundtrack - Treasure - Cocteau Twins

Find your own link Script Kiddies.

There is some debate on whether this blog by an MP is hip and cool or just plain annoying. He says that all the kids who read it 'get the joke' (See the BBC article). Well I am a Guardian reader (on occasions), over 30 and I think it is a sad attempt to keep up with whatever is supposed to cool. Ali G is pretty sad anyway so trying to sound like him is going to be doubly annoying. Yes I know I overuse the word 'cool' but that particular adjective has survived for many years as opposed to things like 'phat' (huh?) and 'tubular' so I have an excuse to a certain extent. Is 'cool' cool? I don't know but whatever your decision I will not stop using it. I am sure my daughter will find plenty of amusement in my use of it when she gets older but that is her problem, not mine.

Weapons of Mass Destruction and please read the page that results, whatever it looks like.

My colleague has just pointed the above link out to me. That sounds like the old "Why did you bring that book which I didn't want to be read to out of up for?" but of course that is something up with which I will not put. I can find lots more of this sort of thing on the web so I will resist putting any links in. Find your own - like I said before. As Mil Millington said, call me; I'll come round and scroll for you.

No comments: