Monday, July 07, 2003

Beware the Dresden Codex


Soundtrack - Geek the Girl - Lisa Germano

Not the album that the blonde skinhead wouldn't sell me in Probe records but one by the same woman. My wife once saw Pete Burns coming out of Probe Records (When they had a proper shop in the centre of Liverpool rather than the industrial unit they have now) dressed in a nappy. I have to admit that I just had to ask for the name (I was going to put Pete Shelley but I knew that must be wrong.)

We have a very strange sky here at the moment. Come to think of it, the sky has been weird since this morning. It looks just like that painting of the Battle of Britain. Hold on while I try to find it. ... Can't find it. I will just have to describe it. Lots of sky and contrails but no actual aircraft. It suggests very intense combat without actually showing any of the hardware you would expect. My mind just wandered off having seen a plane flying very low over the city. You begin to worry about what it is doing there and then start with a whole flood of anxiety about where it might end up. There was an ancient biplane doing aerobatics over Crosby on Saturday. I couldn't tell exactly what type it was though it might have been a Swordfish but I wouldn't think that a Swordfish could actually do an outside loop which this one did albeit with a struggling engine. The microlight which sometime flys over the city was almost swept out of the sky. Even my wife commented about the sound from inside the house and wondered if it might be going to hit us.

The sum of all human activity is me, right now or that is the way it seems. It must be that for everybody.

No comments: