Wednesday, July 09, 2003

Purple Skies and Vapour Trails

Soundtrack Tiny Dynamine/Echoes in a Shallow Bay - Cocteau Twins

The titles on this must be the chapters from a book about Moths and Butterflies.

This is not supposed to be one of their best collections but I like it as much as anything off Treasure. Victorialand is of course the best Cocteau Twins album and could be the music behind Knoxxy Eugenia's journey home from school. I wish I had brought more Cocteau Twins stuff with me today as this one is about to end and leave me empty for the rest of the day.

Without wanting to sound like a certain diminutive and nameless US rock star, the sky is so purple today though at this spot it is quite sunny. The horizon is lines with thick purple clouds which seem to be threatening some sort of storm which we desperately need. Come to think of it, the roil on those clouds looks very much like the cover of a Cocteau Twins album (any one - just take your pick - but this one is probably what I have in mind). I had to look up the word roil there as I was worried I had just created a portmanteau word from Boil and Oil - well sort of portmanteau but it does mean in a state of turbulence or agitation. All this from looking out of the window while listening to The Cocteau Twins.

Fill all those empty spaces and keep banging the rocks together guys.

No comments: