Thursday, July 24, 2003

Norman Stanley Fletcher and other soundbites

Soundtrack - Well just wait and see.

I have just had one of those weird moments of serendipity which only come along a few times. I accidentally clicked on the My Library list in Real Player and it started playing all the sound files which I have listened to on the web since I got this laptop, some 150 files. It goes from the welcome message on the Suzanne Vega website, via "And now for something completely different" from Monty Python to The Soviet National Anthem. I am currently listening to the spoof phone call sound files which I set up using the Bell Laboratories Voice Synthesizer programme. It is getting difficult to identify all of them. Now it is Philip Glass but I have just had lots of Spanish which I don't understand. Try it on your own real Player and see what you get. David Toop would be proud of me.

Aha! The Horizon Theme. Brilliant! I used to play this on my own kit at home.

I wasn't going to write anything as I am reading Mil Millington's book so this is a bonus for you.

No comments: