Monday, November 17, 2003

Umbra Sumnus

Music is :- Too Young to Die by St Etienne - the best group in the world named after a second-rate French football team.

I didn't watch all of the Big Read on Saturday though I did catch all of John Sergeant's proselytising for Catch-22 to win. It is difficult for me to choose between this and nineteen-eighty-four; in some ways one is simply a more humorous version of the other but Catch-22 is here and now and we cannot really say that we have all the elements of Airstrip one yet though plenty of people seem to working on it. Unfortunately some people seem to have understood that winning power means making the people think you are on their side even if your ultimate goal is world domination. I would rather be free and depressed than shackled and contented. I am currently languishing somewhere in the middle I suppose.

I was going to grow my hair like Andrew Collins (The picture is old - he is almost Byronic now) but bottled out in the end. What you look like means nothing anyway - it is what you think and I have been preparing to tell that to any pierced hippie who comes near me. I did have an occasional accidental streak of blond in my hair when at college and for years I have been contemplating a tasteful Balinese Dancer Tattoo but don't you just know that nothing will ever come of any of this.

No comments: