Thursday, November 27, 2003

Music is - Grand Pianola Music by John

I don't think Benjamin Zephaniah thinks of himself as brave but I certainly do. I agree with him all the way. As Zephaniah says the flunky who first suggested his name for the award obviously has never read anything by him. Benjamin Zephaniah is one of the few people who's style of writing always makes you hear just his voice when you read it to yourself. Our current laureate does not have this quality but then again the quality of his poetry is questionable anyway. BZ has some words on this himself.

Question :-

Who is the current American Poet Laureate?

Now I am not sure whether my link is to the official USA Poet Laureate or whether the Library of Congress Poet Laureate is the same thing. Just though you might like to read about it. I can't find a corresponding site for our own dear incumbent but maybe that is just as well.

No comments: