Wednesday, November 05, 2003

The Space-Bat-Angel-Dragon

Music is :- Mellowosity - Peatbog Faeries

For something to close the night down after finishing the last book I shot through The Iron Man by
Ted Hughes. I remember it being read to us at school and on Jackanory. I can only find that Tom Baker read it on Jackanory in 1986 but I think there was an earlier reading either by an American or Canadian Actor. This may have been a dream but I seem to remember Hughes himself reading it. I don't remember Tom Baker at all. The book has all the feel of a story told to children and indeed it is dedicated to Frieda and Nick but if your Dad is Ted Hughes then you could expect a superior tale at bedtime. I saw many metaphors in it but you will probably see them as the result of obsession so I will keep them to myself. Isn't it strange that the word 'Angel' is used for the baddy? Not Space-Bat-Devil-Dragon. It is a peaceful creature which has been drawn into evil ways by overhearing the warlike cries from earth. Oh well - on to world peace. Curious! I seem to hear a child weeping!

Be chilled! It never stops and never will. We do not fit in this world.

No comments: