Thursday, November 06, 2003

Got the Coffee - Got the Funk

Music is - Illustrated Musical Encyclopaedia - Ryuichi Sakamoto

Last night I read while very tired. I suddenly got this impression of a hole through the book into the real world. Not a hole which you could look through but a sort of link between the words on the page and real life. It was as if I had found a portal into the workings of the Universe. This is going to turn into a Matrix rant so I will refrain from any expansion.

I went out to try and see the Northern Lights last night. It was indeed like the Somme (apart from the lack of PickelHaubes) and along with the percussion there was a thick pall of firework smoke over the city. Some of the detonations rattled the windows. Looking out of the window here now, I can still see smoke in the distance which makes it look like a summer morning rather than a late Autumn one. Didn't see any lights at all. Rats.




No comments: