Monday, September 15, 2003

Leoni! Wheres the Shed?

Soundtrack - Red - King Crimson

Newly bought and not yet listened to. No Comments please. All mail should be addressed to ... Oh well it doesn't matter.

Loud guitars are a fine thing on a crisp autumn day. They are a fine thing at any time. I was speaking to someone who was at the PJ Harvey gig at the Eden Project and it made me sad that I missed it. I said some weeks ago that I needed to get to a gig sometime and I still haven't. I scan the back pages of the occasional music magazine looking for Stereolab or something similar but no luck. Then again there are all the responsibilities which make such excursions impossible. My daughter has expressed interest in going to see one of the classical concerts at the Liverpool Phil. Looking through the programme has shown me that Whale Rider is being shown there as is Veronica Guerin. I will have to ask my daughter which concert she wants to see.

We had a bat flying around the outside of the house again last night. This might sound rather routine but on the edge of a big city it is quite comforting. On Castlemorton Common where I used to live, there were owls and bats and all sorts of other wildlife that I did not appreciate at the time. We do really live on the edge of the city. Not quite as much as edge as some places. Up by the Liverpool Coastguard station, the road just goes along the Edge of the city. Last week I came back from Southport by train for the first time and most of the route was through golf courses. One minute you were on tracks in the dunes and then the train powered into the big houses of Blundellsands. This has reminded me of coming back into Fort Lauderdale on the day cruise to Grand Bahama. At night the ship just steams away towards the bright lights of Florida and just when you think it is going to run aground on the beach you realise that you have gone between the hotels and are in a large stretch of open water. Quite weird but not as impressive as the ferry turning round on a penny in the dock at Douglas on the Isle of Man.

No comments: