Thursday, September 04, 2003

Crying in Limbo

Soundtrack - The Mirror Pool - Lisa Gerrard

I want to sit against a wall somewhere, a wall in a small Northern priory with December fog outside and a quiet music practice going on somewhere in the distance. For all my lack of belief it is the spirituality of these things which keeps the irrationality of world in the background. I did the online test to find out which part of Dante's vision I would end up in (The link can be found behind the title of this section). My judgement is as below :-


Level 1 - Limbo

Charon ushers you across the river Acheron, and you find yourself upon the brink of grief's abysmal valley. You are in Limbo, a place of sorrow without torment. You encounter a seven-walled castle, and within those walls you find rolling fresh meadows illuminated by the light of reason, whereabout many shades dwell. These are the virtuous pagans, the great philosophers and authors, unbaptised children, and others unfit to enter the kingdom of heaven. You share company with Caesar, Homer, Virgil, Socrates, and Aristotle. There is no punishment here, and the atmosphere is peaceful, yet sad.



Sounds familiar and quite attractive. I don't know if I could take it for eternity though. Also I am not sure about being in company with Caesar. All rubbish of course.

Instan, del louan,
Les dindri londris del lan domna,
doue floria inselon,
dondrisila est spera di lon.
Achon, ghai d'aligheri et viola.

More later.

No comments: