Thursday, November 21, 2002


Witchy Witch

I want there to be a power cut so I can sit across the valley and look at all the shadowy houses and see the stars the way they are meant to be seen. Actually bearing in mind there seems to be a crisis in the UK power generating industry, I may get my wish. Apparently TXU defaulted on £60 million they owed to the Drax power station. I heard a representative of the UK power Generators Association say in one breath that there was too much generating capacity around at the moment and not enough demand, something he said was from a basic economics text book, and then say that prices will have to rise. Big business is obviously too complicated for me (and for many of the people in charge I suspect). I just do not understand. I will stick to easy stuff like Relativity or Quantum Physics. The multi-nationals only survive because they are carrying out the equivalent of taking in each other's washing. R.F. Delderfield said this about the village where he set the start of the book 'Diana' though I suspect he got the idea from somewhere else.

I wanted to start this entry with a bit of mysterious prose and it was ok for a sentence. I then got distracted by the real world and I ranted about power stations. Concrete reality does so much to remove our ability to wonder at things. I have just written at least three different sentences which all sounded strange so I am going to stop now. Maybe more later.

No comments: