Monday, November 18, 2002


Certain Uncertainty

Soundtrack - Serotonaility - Dr. Didg. (Oh! Hippy Days).

It may just be that I am getting old but it seems that everything is so much more un-defined than it used to be. I would have thought that as you grew up and got more experience of the world, your certainty about the outcomes of various acts would become stronger but in actual fact, I seem to be worrying more and more about not knowing what is going to happen. I suspect that the great and the good, the movers and shakers of this world have always been plagued by this doubt and it is because they are able to handle the guilt and nervousness which it promotes, that they are the people they are. However, recents events make the whole world seem a dangerously un-defined place. We are all just looking for stability but in these conditions there is no advancement. If people are happy, they will not move forward so probably we are looking at a decent catalyst. There are plenty of things which I see in the world which need changing but because I am relatively comfortable, I don't bother to shout about them as much as I should. Some of my friends might argue with that because I know I do rant about some of the injustices but I probably just sound like one of the Self-righteous brothers and not the Australian-Canadian singing duo either, though that would be nice to use another sketch show catch phrase. That's almost as tongue-twisting as Calliope Stephanides. Why do some people who want to change the world, want to destroy it? Ignorance is dangerous and ignorance and intelligence is doubly dangerous. Why do they reside in the same mind so often? It must be a matter of degree.

My 'I' key is playing up which probably gives you a good idea what type of laptop I am using to type this. Ppys nvr usd vwls dd h? So I am in good company.

And now for a comedy moment - Ian Cognito - (usual disclaimer about these opinions not being those of the referring page but still they are very funny 'cos I referred them and why would I want to refer to them if I didn't think they were funny.) I have had one of those music-fits-the-book-you-are-reading moments. Unfortunately, the 'book' was Ian Cognito's website and the music was My Little Pony by Dr. Didg. Not as incongrous when heard as you might have thought from the descriptions.

I always want to write 'back on your heads' at this point and always restrain myself. It seems naff to always use the same sign-off unless you want to turn into Shaw Taylor (Keep 'em peeled) or The Two Ronnies. Some people would argue that there is enough of me to turn into the two Ronnies but they would be wrong - it would be the Keystone Cops. (All of them apart from the cross-eyed sergeant that is).

Bank!

No comments: