Wednesday, November 27, 2002


It's just a lot of water you know

The Horizon programme on homeopathy wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be though although I thought James Randi was as much as a showman as Uri Geller. I should have linked to his site yesterday for the sake of balance. And by the way Dad, I bent the spoons by brute force but you knew that didn't you?

Why has the 'A' key on my laptop keyboard worn out when none of the others have? I say worn out but it is just the lettering rather than the key itself. Of course if I was Julie Burchill, or AA Gill, it would have been the 'I' key.
At least it's not the 'w' key. I can't think why it is the a key. Maybe a look back through the archives will tell me. Well, today is certainly an interesting entry isn't it?

All dates ever referenced. If you leave out diaries and calendars, have all dates been referenced? Of course not! What about April 17th -15,634 CE? That was the day that the first European settlers landed in the North American continent. Well it might be. Have all dates since 1 CE been referenced? Well some of them went missing didn't they, 11 days in September 1752 but that was only Britain and the Colonies. I don't really know what I mean by 'referenced' but every day since a very long time ago has been someone's birthday.Randomness will get you in the end. The world is as grey today as it has ever been. Those pesky rabbits have it easy don't they? And linking rabbits to something I have been meaning to write about, (??) I found 'The Girl in a swing' in the garage at the weekend. I have managed to stop reading it and finish at least one of the others on the pile but it is sitting there as a treat. I was struck by how close the text is because I remember it to be a short book but that maybe just because 'Watership Down' and 'Shardik' were so long. A treat indeed.

No comments: