Tuesday, November 05, 2002


I never take off my hat except when I'm out of doors!



A Madeleine Biscuit Yesterday

(From http://www.foodsubs.com/Cookies.html)

Another book I will never read. Actually that is so depressing; thinking of all the things I will never do. Maybe it's not quite as memory inducing as that old tea-soaked madeleine biscuit but I am having trouble not concentrating on it too much. There is a line from the Tori Amos song Me and a Gun from 'Little Earthquakes' in which she sings achingly about the biscuits in Carolina. If you know the situation of the song, you will know the significance. I have been to Carolina (both Carolinas) and I always associate this song with the states which is a bit sad really as it was nice while I was there.

All this from thinking about a biscuit which made someone else think about their whole life. I can't find a picture of a madeleine biscuit. (20 seconds later) As you can see I have found a picture of a madeleine biscuit. An icon, I think you will agree, of the entire history of the human race from the first time someone ever licked their finger after stumbling into a Bee Hive. Oh all this is rubbish and I still haven't done anything worth writing about.

No comments: