Monday, January 27, 2003



Soundtrack - 604 - Ladytron

Kraftwerk play 12-bar blues and get away with it.

On hearing this my wife started singing the words to 'The Model' and strangely it works for every track on this album. Radio 6 played their new track the other night and this connected with the picture from the front of the album 604 which is in my scrapbook somewhere. I didn't like the idea that I had a picture from a record I didn't own and so I remedied it by buying the album. I am not sure that the version of the theme to Are you being served? was a good idea but then again the group are probably too young to remember that and the similarity is just coincidence. I can't really get over that they come from Liverpool. The sound is more like Poland 1983. But then again, Liverpool has had a history of spawning some very unexpected music, The Teardrop Explodes, OMD etc. However 604 is decidedly spiky in a way that no real 80's band ever was. The definition of the synthesisers was never that good.

No comments: