Sunday, September 17, 2006

That ole Book Stompin’!



I’ve always wanted to use an apostrophe followed by an exclamation mark.

I did another page or two of my scrapbook today (examples above) and my daughter made me drag out some of the old books to look at. It wasn’t the pictures that sparked the strongest memories but the smell. Some of the early things I put in were experiments done at work using the new–fangled scanners and printers that we had just got. We actually trialled a number of printers and what has remained in these printouts is a smell which reminds me so much of the time. One of the printers actually put a measurable thickness of waxy pigment on the paper, which could be scraped off with a fingernail, and I suspect that this is the smell I get from them. The later books just have oil pastel in them, which smells different. Interweb’s not yet able to take smells so maybe just some nice pictures later.

No comments: