Thursday, September 28, 2006

I Hate Badgers! They’re So In Your Face!



It has been male bonding day in the deWeyden household. Eldest was accompanied by her mother on a school trip of the “pointing out interesting things around the locality” type while youngest was treated to a train trip to Southport where he argued that every stop was our stop and demanded his own ticket despite being conveyed gratis. We walked (actually he was pushed) to the end of the pier where for one Earth Pound we were given ten old pennies that we could fritter away in various old-time games. When my first attempt at topple-the-pennies resulted in a seven-fold return I thought I had beaten the system until I realised that the only place I was going to be able to spend these was the ten feet around where I was standing. We did get six sweets with five goes from the grapplers but none of them were toddler friendly and had to be reserved for the eldest, though as you can see from the picture above, she seems to have been rather successful at foraging. I hope she sticks to the sweets though we could pretend we are besieged German civilians circa 1940 and make some acorn coffee. Youngest jettisoned his lunch of best Jamie-baiting hot-dog sausage to the benefit of the pigeons but managed to stuff all the bun in his mouth at once and still manage to smile.

No comments: