Friday, September 29, 2006

The 14th Reincarnation of Shooting Fish



I finished Jane Eyre last night. The end actually caught me unawares as I was expecting a lot of loose-end tying between “Reader I married him” and the end and it was just a short chapter which ended with St John – the strange clergyman with a long-winded turn of phrase – detailing how he was fully expecting to die before he write another letter to Jane. I can’t say I will miss him. I’m not sure if I was expecting anything different in the main bit of the story as I know this from at least two TV versions but I was happy with all the philosophy and managed to keep up even if the depths of the longest paragraphs. I think my wife wants me to read Pride and Prejudice next but I have The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid to read first and the probably something else entirely. You may like to go back to the first few entries in this blog to find out what I was reading then for one day I may finish it and then this blog, me, the entire world will fold in on themselves and leave a void ready for the next big bang. Or possibly not!

No comments: