Saturday, September 02, 2006

September 1927

I have dreamt of many terrible things over recent weeks, some which have left me breathless and shaking, unable to move because I was still dreaming but dragging myself out of the dream and into the real, dark world of the early morning. But enough of that; they do not mean anything – they are just tape rewinding. And now for a nice, easy-going film for bedtime – Repo Man. I nearly ran over that nice Alex Cox a couple of years ago. He was walking across the road at the Edge Lane site. At first I thought it couldn’t be him but then I found out that the International Centre for Digital Content (or something like that) has offices there and he is a good Liverpool director. He looked a little less grizzled that I would have expected – maybe they just film him against backgrounds that make him look grizzled. My flatmates and I got Repo Man out of the video shop on the recommendation of someone at work and we loved it. I later discovered that the guy had actually recommended REMO Man so we watched that and thought it was rubbish; I seem to remember it was like Robocob with sad bits but as this was during the deWeyden Scouse Batchelor years I may have been very, very drunk when I watched it – well slightly tipsy anyway. We lived over an off-licence and got staff discount. Or maybe that was a dream as well

No comments: