Wednesday, June 04, 2003

Polishing off the Economics

Well I did just that so I have finished the little knowledge book. Some books you read and devour - dreading the last page (a phrase pinched from a review of something else this week) and some you trudge through as a chore always on the brink of giving up but realising that it is important to finish it, maybe to gain an appreciation of other more readable books. This one was weird. Neither case applied. It was as if it was just nourishment for the brain without any taste or excitement. I am glad I finished it anyway. I can now go back and examine my poetry for pathetic fallacy or decide whether Western Civilization has actually reached the synthesis between the thesis of capitalism and the antithesis of an empowered proletariat. I think Tony Blair thinks we have but he hasn't read any books more complicated than this one. At least I do now know what all this actually means. Quantum Theory, via Archimedes to Dialectical Materialism.

Spin and re-writing history. Now there is an important subject. For some words and a very good example go here. Pakistan - 1942 - er yes well.

No comments: