Wednesday, June 25, 2003

Nada - Nada - Nada

And just to prove I know what I am talking about, an article from the BBC about Orwell and Tea. I only got four on the quiz though. I don't really drink tea and only decaff coffee now so I can't really say I have any feelings about this. I do like Lapsang Suchong though I once tried Gunpowder and it was foul. Maybe it was real gunpowder. I should have tried it out in trhe Garden. We once made gunpowder at school though not with any authorisation. It was just that we had access to a small room off one of the Science labs and all the ingredients were there so we made some up. Not sure where the recipe came from - probably the huge red encyclopaedias we had in the library - but it was srong or we didn't follow it properly. Not a spark when we lay it out on the doorstep of Sixth Form house. It just sat there and we had to brush it away before anyone found it. I am not sure what we though would have happened if it had actually gone off. How would we explain the burn marks, the cloud of smoke and the singed eyebrows. I do wish we hadn't bottled out and set off the flare we found on the beach at Llandanwg beach even though I am sure the guys from the Royal Aircraft Establishment may have been a little upset. We did have a kid at school who used to replace the pointing at his previous "Private" school with Sodium Chlorate which I was told could blow the bricks out of the wall. I wonder why he didn't stay at his school. That "Private" sounds like a Euphemism for "special" but it is not. It was one of the private schools in Malvern. Oh well. As you may have read the previous entry, you might know how much I have written today so it is now time to go.

No comments: