Thursday, June 19, 2003

Big Brother was watching him

He did not look at the Camera so we cannot say we were watching him watching big brother watching him. If only the cameraman had been in the picture.

It appears that some film of George Orwell has come to light, all two seconds of it. As usual the BBC has the gen. on this momentous occasion. Of course I will succumb and but this book; as usual the cover is the deciding factor which just shows what hidden shallows I actually possess. Irritainment and car crash TV are nothing to a Hulton/Deutsch style black and white photo. I now have to remind myself that I have another book arriving on Saturday that will take up my time reading. There may be a fight over possession though it will only be a two-way conflict at present. I am not going to mention what this is as I am trying to create the only web page, which does not refer to this book by name. I will have to try and finish the Bill Bryson before then. Did you know by the way that ..... Oh you probably did.

I was inspired to write a poem by this morning's drizzly, humid weather but the ambience has gone and we are back to the "No Weather" day (© D.O. deBorde - 1989). I am rapidly proving the stereotypical Englishman by talking about the weather all the time. Still, like trees we seem not to notice what the weather actually looks or feels like and instead just talk about how it affects us. I love the feel of weather, especially rain. Rain seems to make a days seem level; rain falls on everyone and wets them equally.

Soundtrack is Symphony Number 2 by Philip Glass.

Oh the babbling is too much. We are trying to develop systems here and there is a continuous inane babble so distracting. Actually I am writing this blog as it is lunchtime to I shouldn't really get upset about it. If it continues beyond our allowed 48 minutes then I could get annoyed. I have just excised a three-line rant about this, which I thought inappropriate for a family blog.

No comments: