Thursday, October 24, 2002


So wet you could shoot Snipe off him

Who used this phrase first? I seem to recall Molesworth using it but I may be wrong. In my searches for this phrase relating to Molesworth I have found this 'Molesworth at Hogwarts' page. Two great Cultural icons for the price of one. Hurra! sumtymes i think mi cup runneth over! Anywon for tenis?

Watch out for that Snipe! Oh! It's gone.

An Oblique strategy is called for. It is ... tada ... 'What were you really thinking about just now?' Actually I am not sure what I was thinking about just now. It was mostly procedural stuff related to how to type and what the equivalent of ubound is in javascript. (It is ubound by the way). I am having to think seriously to find anything concious or more meaningful than 'press that key to get a letter "T"'. Actually, maybe I was thinking of all the little birdwatching expeditions which my Dad dragged us on when we were little. When we under 10 we got quite bored but as we got older things got a lot better. When I returned home from college, and dad and I went out on his Saturday birding trips to his favourite haunt, I really enjoyed it (especially the lunch at the pub by the river). He still goes every Saturday if possible and I think that with his extraordinary amount of free time and his super-duper rinky-dinky computer, he will be able to produce his own book about the birds of that area. He is having so much fun with the digital camera that I am getting quite jealous. His first photos included one of a Dandelion clock which he processed until it looks like some impressionist painting. If I can get a copy of it I will post it. What will his book be called? Probably something like 'The Birds of A.........e and the surrounding area'.

This is the blank wall which Zellaby was thinking about in 'The Midwich Cuckoos' so as not to let the Children know he had a bomb. Which, if you analyse it too deeply (which you know I will) suggests that I am concealing some dangerous thoughts behind all this inanity. Maybe I should use the Oblique Strategy of finding a door or a window. Today is over-parenthesised isn't it? I would have got away with it if it wasn't for those pesky hypotheticals.

I was going to try another very quick poem but all the recent attempts seem to be failing because they turn out overly sentimental rather than constructed. Good poetry is an effor. Brilliant poetry is easy. Bad Poetry is easy. Spoof bad poetry is darn near impossible. All together - ' .. of 1879 which will be remembered for a very long time'.

Remember the noise the ants used to make in Tom and Jerry Cartoons? You do! Hum it now. It wont be out of your head for the rest of the day. Goodbye! Sleep well.

No comments: