Thursday, October 17, 2002


Auto-Autobiography

(Of course if you got a machine to write your biography then it would not be Autobiography would it? )

My Blog is really boring compared to some of them out there. The top Blog of Note is Life in The Freezer. Very cool - in more ways than one. I think I may write a non-linear biography starting from now and going in both directions at once. Sounds a bit like a John Irving Novel or even Martin Amis (Times Arrow). Well here goes. Maybe not yet. I have just clicked for a Random Oblique Strategy and Got "Do the last thing first". Wonderful!

Now start with everything you can remember from the beginning. All of this may not be real but it is my reality.

I remember a mock Tudor house in Imperial Road in Beeston, Nottingham. I was actually born in Hospital (on February 5th 1964) and I think my parents were living in flat just across the road from the house I first remember. More things I don't actually remember but which were real. There was a one armed man in the flats or near them. I suppose he was a WWI veteran because the photo I have seen of him has him with his sleeve neatly folded and pinned up. I am also told that I once swallowed a bolt from some sort of kitchen appliance when I was really little. The suberb of Beeston is quite leafy and attractive. When I went back there a few years ago to do some work at one of our sites, I visted the road again and was very pleased to see squirrels in the gardens. This is just enough to spark an 'off-line' continuance.

No comments: