Monday, October 21, 2002


Music as Painkiller or Poisoning pigeons in the park

Soundtrack - Floored Genius I - Julian Cope

I broke a rib a few weeks ago and occasionally it is painful like this morning. As I was driving to work, Penny Gore of Radio 3's Morning on 3 played a track from the new Harp Consort Album - Missa Mexicana; a 17th century Baroque Christmas song from Mexico. It was one of those joyous songs with a melody which just flies. All my pain went in the surge of Adrenalin. Try it with your best 'Tingle Factor' tune.

Julian Cope is a world away from Missa Mexicana.

It is so cold in this Office this morning. It seems mad that a Hi-Tech company like this one cannot get the basic environmental factors right. Oh well! Such s the way of the world. is it not also mad that a planet with the ingenuity and intelligence born of Millions of years of evolution (Don't argue! I am right and you are wrong - don't even bother to formulate a response because it will be rubbish) cannot get itself sorted out so that we all have enough to eat; we all have shelter and that everyone realises that fighting only brings us all down. We must be known in the Galaxy as 'The prisoner's Dilemma' Planet though I think that in the long run, we would surpass anything we could imagine as being the middle outcome. I would not mind but the solutions to the problems are NOT DIFFICULT to implement. It is a case of not wanting to change. We would rather live in poverty (both of resources and of mind) than get up a do something about it. Most people will watch rubbish on the telly if they can't reach the remote. (Probably because all that is one seems to be rubbish - though Michael Palin seems to be pursuing a one-man campaign against mediocre TV). Oh am so bored with this. I keep returning to it and I myself don't do anything about it. Well! I have started writing poetry more rather than vegetating in front of this Telivisual Sewage works but I should get up and use my mind far more. The Internet is making things so easy that you don't feel like doing anything else. At least that guy who maintains the Pylon Website is doing something. I did say I was going to collect Shopping lists like the guy who collected discarded Passport-style photos in Amelie but I think his photo album was a lot cooler than anything I could do. Having said that, I have kept up with the scrap-book recently. I thought yesterday of scanning in loads of the pages (at quite low-res) and making a scrolling version for this page but I am still not sure whether the images would be copyright. Oh Well! Another thing that won't get done. Still when the music is fast and loud nothing else matters. It's like being pleasantly intoxicated.

Spacehopper baby.

Magnify the most difficult details.

Random lines from a poem for Henry Kissinger.

I was really glad when Henry Kissinger walked out on Jeremy Paxman. I can imagine Paxman punching the air when the lumbering old fool was out of earshot and shouting 'result'. Kissinger stole my childhood with all those images of bombs falling on the Vietnam-Cambodia border. I am most definitely with Tom Lehrer on this one.

No comments: