Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Vanished Like A Wrinkly Ninja

How I feel today. Why bother to analyse anything? This article tells you exactly what the point is - there is no point. What about one which tells us the solution? Not sure there is one.

Thirty years ago I would have been glued to the stuff about space (which is ace as Frank Sidebottom always says) but now I'm not bothered beyond a bit of giggling at how dashing Patrick Moore looked in the fifties and how rather distinguished in a portly and rather affected way he has become. I fleetingly thought that this was because I had grown up and that boys toys had become passé in the deWeyden household. Not sure now that this is true but it gives me a gentle ache over how the enthusiasm for things seems to be waning these days.

1 comment:

Ed said...

Space is, indeed, Ace. From Frank's 1986 Sci-Fi EP, as my still-online discography at Brad's site has just confirmed. The 12-inch includes a most original version of Bowie's Life Of Mars: "It's a godawful small affair, for the girl with the mouse in her hair."