Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Flaunting The Flautist

Listening to The Sweet Sound Of Emma Kirkby – lovely.

I arrived at work before the start of some ‘early music’ on Radio 3 this morning. I like baroque a lot but I like the stuff that came before it more. The piece I missed was this :-

Buffardin, Pierre-Gabriel (c.1690-1768): Flute Concerto
Musica Antiqua Köln

I will probably never hear it now. Because of my new location, due to some undefined sense of restraint, I have been restricting my listening to Classical pieces (The Gary Numan was an aberration, which was repaid in the form of a power cut here) and I do not have enough to keep up a variation. My daughter has been listening to the Mozart Flute and Harp concerto at sleep time and I keep forgetting to bring it in. I have decided to look for some cheap Mozart boxed set; it’s good for programming to apparently.

Word keeps flagging up my contractions as if it is pretending to be Kryten before his transformation. Alright! – IT IS good for programming to. Happy? I may be turning the style police off soon. ( and notice that one sentence ended with a preposition, something up with shich Word will not put).

We have the Flute And Harp concerto after a flood of tears from my daughter when we left a Hi-Fi shop which was playing it. We had to go back and listen to the end to see what it was. We regularly get requests from the back seat to note down what a piece of music is. As she has learned that the stations now have play lists she just asks us to note the time and station.

A mess of brain dumps this morning. I have just remembered why we consider our current hometown as cosmopolitan. A headline in the local paper last week read “Rat Catcher Gets New Van” - which made us laugh anyway.

Back on your heads!

No comments: