Monday, August 12, 2002


Earcom
I look at conflicts where people can be persuaded (usually through some religious pressure) to blow themselves up in order to further a 'cause'. What do they think is going to happen? Will all their enemies shrug their shoulders and say 'Well! They must be passionate about this. Let us sit down and work out what we need to do to make them feel better.' All rubbish isn't it? In my deepest moments I think we should ban religion, but then all the good stuff comes flooding back though click below for another point of view.



I see the people flooding back to the Churches in Russia and remember all the wonderful and uplifting music from Tehillim to Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan to Hildegard von Bingen and wonder what the world would be like without all this. People keep telling me that it is only a minority of people who support the violence in the name of religion but it keeps on happening. I know most people just want a quiet life in the woods with the rain.

A change of direction.



I found this while checking that the Fortean Times website was back up.

More at Lunchtime.

No comments: