Thursday, August 01, 2002


Dzongkha Windows



(From
http://www.btinternet.com/~goldingfamily/DUKW.html)

I've just found these pictures of a Lego Taj Mahal and with that, it is the end of any mention of Lego for today. My Wife and Daughter are at this moment accompanying My Wife's friend and her son on a tour of the Liverpool Docks aboard a DUKW. My daughter has already been on one tour and will shout the company slogan - "Come with us and be a Wacker-Quacker", at the top of her voice whenever she is reminded of it. (For more on DUKWs and a rather good picture, go here). It is rather strange to see the docks from the water level. You feel that the whole city has vanished and you have sunk into a hole. I also learnt many things about Liverpool. I had an Airfix DUKW when I was a kid and it was on of my favourite models - just behind the 1/24th scale Stuka which as you can see, they still make. Now I know about Guernica my enthusiasm for Stukas is somewhat diminished. Good luck with the French by the way. I only put the link in because the picture is good but you may find some interest. I was going to write about my first Airfix kit but that sounded Naff. I have several unopened kits in the attic, many years old, still awaiting construction so I think all enthusiasm has vanished.

No comments: