Wednesday, August 07, 2002


Almost but not quite, an armful

I gave blood yesterday morning and yesterday afternoon I received a call on my mobile asking for a Mr Hancock. Now this may not mean much to youngsters or Americans but to people of a certain age (though I think even I might be too young to be considered an original fan of the man himself), Mr Hancock as 'The Blood Donor' is the pinnacle of British Comedy. Strange co-incidence that I should be mistaken for him (or at least a man with his name) on the very day I donate. 'Why ... That's very nearly Jungian'.

The Writers of Hancock's Half Hour were Ray Galton and Alan Simpson who also wrote Steptoe and Son, another fabulous British Comedy from the 60s. There was an episode on TV at the weekend where they buy lead from a man (played by Leonard Rossiter) who purports to have been given it by his Vicar when the Church was demolished. The lead is in fact off their own roof.

(Almost) Random Picture of the week. Tell me why it is not random on RdeWeyden@hotmail.com.



(From http://www.vintagetractors.co.nz/index.html)

I have finished the first part of Godel, Escher, Bach (all the MIU stuff and Godel's theorem etc) and have launched into part two which starts with Fermat's last Theorem. This is of course, now proved and maybe puts GEB in a different light but who cares; now we have the Crab and The Anteater. MU is not in the system this time.

A week of short entries because I just can't get myself together. Roll on vb.net.

No comments: