Thursday, June 20, 2002

Spaces in my head

I keep trying to think of something - it doesn't matter what - and yet I get the impression that there is a space in my head where something important should be. This is not a general decay of memory, more like a specific removal of something. A bit like the "ring-fenced" section of Zaphod Beeblebrox's brain which he had burnt out himself obviously including the memory of having done it. When I first started work, the guy I replaced created a program which emulated the login to the computer system we worked on, sent the login password to him and then deleted the program from the machine so there was no evidence to what had happened. He told me straight away, probably boasting more than warning me of the dangers which is what he claimed he was doing. Back to the spaces in my head. It's like a dark, almost black cloud which swirls and suggests some movement of objects in there. Maybe its just what the brain comes back with when it has nothing to report. Don't some people suggest that dreams are nothing more than higher brain functions trying to turn reports from lower brain functions into something understandable? Its like when you look at something distant and you think there is a human figure or face when in actual fact it's just a rock or a bush. The brain is always on the look out for figures and, more importantly, faces. Perhaps, I have thought about too many things and my mind is trying to revert to some some of karmic base state. Like the mantra you have to chant. You have to choose a word that means nothing but have you ever tried to think of a word which produces absolutely no meaning in your mind. It is impossible. Every fragment of every word is used in some other word and there is always this link. Think of how many times you have seen or heard text in a language of which you have no knowledge. Many of the sounds suggest things simply because they sound like words in your own Mother Tongue. (In fact many of the words probably have a common root - even Sanskrit has words common to English at a very low level). Challenge for the day - think of a made-up word with no brain associations whatsoever.

What is an Axolotl? If you don't know what one is, (and no going off to Merriam-Webster), what do you think it is?

Ok! Now go here to find out. I like axolotls a lotl.

No comments: