Wednesday, June 05, 2002

Rekyavik - R - Room - What number?

We are expecting Thunder and Rain today. It has not arrived but it is widely anticipated. I can't wait.

Since watching Amelie, I have been looking by any photo booths for discarded photos but there never are any. I haver been trying to think of something discarded to collect but the only thing I could come up with was shopping lists. I have just remembered that one of my scrap-books actually has a strip of found negatives. They are of a group of people who I (obviously) do not know and I have no interest in finding out. Here is a site of Found Photos.

Maybe my scrapbooks will just have to do. I am trying to find the name of the author if the diary/scrapbook which Kristin Hersh used for some her Album Covers. He was Japanese but I can't find his name listed on either the 4AD or Kristin Hersh websites. I will obviously have to look it up on the Album covers. No - I have found it on the V23 website - his name is Shinro Ohtake. His scrapbooks are far beyond aything I could hope to do. I realise that mine always have a meaning even I try to create a random link based purely on the "rightness" of the image. I suppose his own links are so far removed from mine (Culturally and Personally) that any meaning I could get from them is lost. That goes for poetry as well doesn't it. A lot of poetry is so personal to the poet, that no-one will ever get the full meaning (a lot of E.E. Cummings). Having said that, I have just read "anyone lived in a pretty how town" and it sounds like what you imagine a lot of The Cocteau Twins would if only you could hear the words.

The number is 101 (Film - Airship - nineteen-eighty-four)

No comments: