Tuesday, June 11, 2002

The Plinth

I will fill up the free 15 mb web space eventually. Here are the latest bits and bytes.



This is on the beach at Sanur in Bali



This is in the lower gallery of the Tate, Liverpool soon after it opened. Paul Wood, who was on a placement year with us is looking to the right behind the leftmost pillar while his oppo Simone is staring at me from behind the pillar. You can see Carl Andre's Equivalent VIII (The notorious bricks) on the floor in the middle. It was soon after this that a small boy ran across it and dislodged a corner brick. His father remonstrated saying "'ere! Thats a masterpiece and you've just gone an' ruined it." eliciting sniggers from every visitor and a guilty but wry smile from the curator. Happy days. A few weeks later, the whole of this space was filled with curtains of hessian hanging from the ceiling. You were allowed to go right inside and just wander about until you got bored or asthma (I think that is syllepsis but I could be wrong or a human being though I think Stephen Fry has defined the Syllepsis into the ground. See Merriam-Webster if you can be bothered - I Can't).

No comments: