Friday, June 07, 2002

Anger and A Bao A Qu

This is a legendary animal that seeks perfection. It is all of us. There is no reason for it not to be. Where should we search for perfection? We are under the sea but we are still on land. There is Jazz in the air from real live musicians and there is an amber glow where we have drunk too much spirit. Would we be traitors if this was all our life became? I have no idea about that but it sounds interesting. Automatic writing comes from somewhere that is not here. Survival is always possible but lying on the grass looking at the sky is much better. I used to hang upside down on the railings of the little bridge across the stream by our house in the country. I would imagine that the clouds were islands on the sea far below me. I was almost in orbit and I was so happy. The sky was always so blue and the clouds (on good days) looked like atolls. Now they blow up Atolls - Moruroa is falling to pieces and my sky is just the sky again. All those French troops will fall into the sea and there will be no ship to pick them, no secret service agents. They have sunk an island and made it poison for the rest of time. Remember Fernando Pereira? He died at the hands of these people. I don't drink French Wine any more. It is no good and they blew up a ship once remember. Where was I? Back on that bridge, upside down over Polynesia, sailing from Chile to Easter Island, waiting to see those statues. They are so big that I can see them from up here. The eyes seem to follow you round the sky as if they are still alive or even just alive full stop because after all they are just lots of rock and it was always dead not like oil or plastic but very much like most of the planet don't you think? Now where is that perfect animal? No-one is doing anything here. Can you guess why? Suprematist Wallpaper or the death of tiling. I created a constructivist flag last night - constructed it I suppose but the machine fell over just before I saved it so it is a transitory artwork. It was the best thing I have ever done but of course there is no proof. I do not know if I want to carry on with this but that is only a slight feeling and is no pointer to any future direction. I am back on my bridge. There is a whole flotilla of little ships down there. They are taking a whole nation to their islands. They are all very happy. The end.

No comments: