Tuesday, May 04, 2004

I Am Sitting In The Morning At The Diner On The Corner.

I hate the equivocation of the past. Guess what film I watched on TV yesterday! Well it was filmed well anyway so maybe that doesn't matter as mutch. I wonder what the Japanese thought.

Was it raining with you for the weekend? It was sunny here but everyone I spoke to across the rest of the country seemed to have had rain. It has arrived here now, a glorious soak for back to work. I love the rain. Have I told you before? I sometimes wish it would rain all the time; it seems to be a great leveller which reminds me of the Pepys book - The interregnum - Cromwell and all that? I once read the first few entries of a shorter edition of Pepys' diary just before my daughter was born (which may explain why it was not completed) and I am now up the this point in the biography and it recalls all the excitement of the sea-trip that Pepys took with his Boss to pick up the new king. Bit of a lad before lads were invented I think.

No comments: