Monday, May 10, 2004

No Comment! Yes Comment!

while being amused at this story in The Guardian, I have to admit that I agree with it. I particularly like :-


"Nurses go where no other profession is allowed to go. Not even doctors and priests are allowed to become so intimate. Nurses have to come to grips with the philosophical concept that carrying someone else's shit is a privilege."


Now I am not sure whether this counts as a devastating dose of reality injected into our view of nurses, or a line which comes dangerously close to being a candidate for pseuds corner. Makes it point though.

My annoyance at the rest of the world has distilled into some sort of homogeneous mess out of which I cannot select anything to write about. Now does this mean that the world is getting stupider, madder or just that I am irrationally picking out all this pain for analysis? I should really just step back and accept that this is not a lot I can do to stop any of it other than the typical middle-class stuff of boycotting a few things.

No comments: