Monday, February 02, 2004

DVD Overdose

Listening to - Achtung Baby - U2

I love DVDs. We watched at least two over the weekend, not counting the continuous playing of Sooty DVDs by my daughter. The first of ours was The Shop Around the Corner which was the original inspiration for You've Got Mail. Now I was not expecting a quite convincing portrayal of a small gift shop in 1930's Budapest. The film was actually a version of s stage play. I thought it was going to be some soppy 1930's romantic comedy and while it wasn't exactly Kafka it was better than I was expecting. Not of course that I would watch anything based on something by Kafka by choice.

The second DVD was Catch Me If You Can which I quite liked the look of when it came up as part of an offer somewhere but which my wife was not really expecting much from. We both though it was an excellent film. It appears from Internet searches that Frank Abignale's life was just as wacky as the film shows. The book might be an interesting read.

Not exactly an overdose was it. Well the Sooty maybe. I hate sooty.

No comments: