Friday, July 05, 2002


How soon is Now

While stretching my arms this morning, I was struck by how far away the tips of my fingers actually are. It is hard to believe that I have complete control over all of them at all times. I think you could call this entry Navel Gazing though I am going to spare you a description of that. Unless you want to know about destroyers and cruisers. Oh No! That's Naval Gazing isn't it.

This blog - http://www.neuroprosthesis.org/blogger.html is very good though I think a lot of it goes over my head or should I say through my head. I have started on the Andrew Hodges Biography of Alan Turing and I didn't realise how early his interest in brain function began. The introduction seems to suggest that scientists are still certain that a well-built machine will be able to emulate all human brain functions. Does that mean that the machine will develop conciousness? I think that some level of our brain/mind is at the quantum level. As I have said before, maybe that is how the physical world, the mental world and God all come together. Anyway, as I only started this late, I have to finish now but my brain is still sitting here amazed at the control it has over far flung things. After all this server is nowhere near to me and just by pressing one button all of this will be stored. Bye.

No comments: