Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Project Habakkuk Revisited


For some strange reason, all the snow on our car park remains, compressed to a sheet of white ice. It seems to resist melting as if it was impregnated with sawdust like Pykrete. The car still slips and the white lines remain invisible. Are we turning into Narnia - always winter but never Christmas?

Ben Schott's Almanac for 2010 has been finished - cover to cover - not sure I'm actually supposed to do that and it makes me feel a bit like the people who memorise entire phone directories, not of course that I have committed any large portion of this book to memory apart from something about the average IQ of the members of various political parties which I suspect is directly proportional to the distance from their knuckles to the ground. Boom Boom! I leave you to search out the answer or just have a guess in a way which gives the most amusement.

So onto something a little more in-depth either Michael Palin or Richard Dawkins. Depends on mood at the time of starting I suppose. And all this is just noodling as usual.

No comments: