Wednesday, January 06, 2010

I Have Been Jeremy Bentham. Goodnight!


Has it really been that long? Back to work now, but that's just me as the office is running on about an eighth of normal strength. It looks like a fairy tale out of the window with bright sunlight on pristine stretches of snow and all the trees lined with it as well. Unfortunately it's more like a nightmare underfoot. An early dart is required this afternoon I think.

Anyway, what have we got coming up in the next year? We go to the polls at some point but I cannot enthuse about it much. I suppose the actual result promises to be interesting and might even prompt me to stay awake to see the line crossed (or not) but what with all the scandal and sleaze, for the first time in my life I can't quite decide on where to put my cross. Suggestions to the usual email address and boiled sweet to the most imaginative.

Aha! Book list for Christmas :

The Prostrate Years by Sue Townsend (finished on Boxing Day)
The Greatest Show on Earth by Richard Dawkins
Schott's Almanac 2010 by Ben Schott
QI G Annual (2010) by John Lloyd and the QI Elves.

All this and I ... I mean the kids ... got a Wii.

No comments: