Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Oxtail! Now!

The view through the long windows is very pleasant today - I can see various trees either in blossom or showing light-green leaves, waving gently in a middling wind like one of the pictures in The Ladybird Book of Trees. Think of this in the midst of the current panic. Any asteroids looking likely at the moment? At least the sun is shining.

I am certainly almost autistically-aware of the changing nature of the world. I am also very concerned that I do not know whether "autistically aware" in that sentence is an adjective or not because I just didn't do any parsing as school. I DID do times tables but still can't remember them all. There is of course no need these days but wouldn't it be nice to have an add-in for Word which would show up the part of speech that the cursor was hovering over in a tooltip? Maybe there is such a thing. Last week there was a conversation here about how a real, chunky-buttoned calculator was much more useful than the fiddly little buttons you have to use on the Windows calculator. I suggested that someone should invent a Bluetooth calculator which would squirt its result across to whatever component had focus on the nearest PC. Been done already. Seems like the parsing add-in has as well. Will I ever have an original idea. How about a set of financial products tailored specifically at penguins, a device for wrapping baked potatoes to keep them warm (sure that's been done - ed), toothbrushes for whales. The potential is enormous.

I'm with these people I am afraid.

A final juicy read for you !

No comments: