Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Half-life of Mr Turing's (Dead) Dog


(Picture taken by youngest)

I just upgraded my MSN messenger and it no longer allows add-ins to be used which means that my auto-reply will not work on this version. I assume that this deprecation is either to avoid having to bother with it or because of some security issue. I'm not sure my experiment is worth uninstalling the new version for so Mr Turing's (Dad's) Dog's Dead. Long live .... Mr Turing's (uncertain) cat. Apparently Stephen Hawking says "When I hear of Schrödinger's cat, I reach for my pistol." Won't stop me and I bet it won't stop Brian Cox either.

The notebook really does have some Half-Life calculations in it though they were actually to do with Caffeine rather than nuclear materials - so that's alright then isn't it? Phew - got away with that one.

The rest of the page has the following :-

A Cynical Response to Everything.

(In a shaky, old-man voice "It was much better in my day."

Most people's intelligence is despite rather than because of their education.

Mr. Turing's Dog is dead - forever.

Gatecrashing Second Life.

And that's your lot.

No comments: