Friday, November 18, 2005

Siren – Siren – Siren

Currently Watching – Charlie and Lola

You don’t even need to borrow a child to enjoy this. Academically inclined, wonderful drawings, likeable children – what more could you want in a kids’ show? Probably a bit too lefty for some I could mention but hey – if you are going to read bias into everything the BBC does just because it does not match with your view of how things should be done then just get on with it. It’s all still better than some TV companies I can think of.

I still haven’t managed to go for my first, long, lunchtime walk yet. The main road in front of the building just has fields and a couple of narrow roads on the other side. It reminds me of the place my dad goes bird-watching every week. He has been going to this place for more than 20 years now and I am hoping that some sort of book will be forthcoming. In his youth, my dad painted very well – we have a montage of a few of his bird pictures in the porch – and I have been trying to encourage him to start painting again. In 1985 he fell down a Welsh mountain and broke his leg and I bought him some watercolours to keep him occupied while he had to sit being fidgety in the back garden. I don’t think he ever opened the box. He does play about with photographs on the computer, though really only pushing colours and stuff like that – no actual manipulation of images.

A new and horrible word for – de-individualise – strangely the spell checker has not flagged that up so maybe it’s not so new – just ghastly – up there with leverage and using too many hyphens in one sentence. Sorry about that.

No comments: